FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About the bus service
- Where does the bus go?
- Our daily bus service operates in the popular tourist areas of Kuta,Legian, Seminyak,Sanur, Jimbaran,Nusa Dua, South Nusa Dua and Ubud. The DFS Bus Bay is located at Simpang Siur junction in Kuta (this is where you can connect to all other lines, excluding the Seminyak Line).
- When does the bus service operate?
- From 09:00 to 23:00, depending on the bus line. For more details, please see the Time Schedule.
- How do I get the bus?
- Go to one of the dedicated bus stops located at various hotels and shopping malls, or the main DFS Bus Bay in Kuta. Passengers can use either a Kura-Kura Card or Kura-Kura Coin to travel on the bus.
- How much does it cost?
- The fare varies from route to route, and ranges from Rp.20,000 ~ Rp.80,000 for a single trip. For fare information, please see Ticket Info.
- How do I buy a ticket?
- There are two types of ticket - Kura-Kura (Single and Round) Trip Ticket and Day Pass for multiple trips.
Tickets can be purchased at DFS Bus Bay, Kura-Kura Ticket Booths, bus stop hotels and on board the bus on certain lines. For locations, please see Ticket Info.
- If, for example, I want to travel from Best Western Premier to Beachwalk on the Kuta Line, do I have to get off the bus at DFS Bus Bay to continue along the line?
- Yes, all bus lines (excl. Seminyak Line) stop at DFS Bus Bay to be cleaned before continuing on. Please come to the bus stop 10 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- Can I get off anywhere along the bus line?
- No, the bus only stops at designated Kura-Kura bus stops.
- How can I check if the bus is on time/late?
- For up to date bus service status, go to https://twitter.com/kura2businfo or download the FREE MOBILE APP.
- Can I pay by credit/debit card?
- Card payment facilities are available at DFS Bus Bay and at Kura-Kura Ticket Booths. VISA, MASTER, JCB and BCA credit cards are accepted.
- Can I pay in foreign currencies, like USD or JPY?
- No, only IDR is accepted for cash payments.
- Do buses go to the airport?
- Unfortunately our bus service does not operate in the airport area.
- Do children have to pay?
- Kura-Kura Coin & Day Pass :
Each child 2 years and under, using the same seat as an adult, can travel free of charge. Children using their own seat will be charged normal price.
Travel Card Holders
Each child 2 years and under, using the same seat as an adult, can travel free of charge. Children using their own seat will be charged normal price. If one parent has 2 children under 2 years, only 1 will be free - the other child will be charged normal price.
- Where can I buy a Kura-Kura Ticket?
- Kura-Kura Tickets (single and round) trip can be bought at DFS Bus Bay, from Kura-Kura Ticket Booths and on board the bus on all lines.
- How do you use a Kura-Kura Ticket?
- When boarding the bus, simply drop your ticket in the box located near the door.
- Can I refund Kura-Kura Ticket that have not been used?
- What is a Day Pass?
- A Day Pass is a pre-loaded smart card that can be used for unlimited travel on all bus lines. Day Passes are available for 3 and 7 days and take effect from the first time you tap the card reader on the bus to activate the card (3 day = 72 hours).
- What is the advantage of using a Day Pass?
- - unlimited use on all bus lines
- no need to carry small change
- no need to top up credit
- Where can I buy a Day Pass?
- At DFS Bus Bay, Kura-Kura Ticket Booth and at bus stop hotels.
- Can I use a Day Pass for several people?
- No, Day Passes can be used by one person at a time only.
- If I buy a 3-Day Pass at 3pm, can I only use my card until midnight on the same day?
- No, a 3-Day Pass is valid for 72 hours from the time of activation. A 3-Day Pass is valid for 72 hours from the time of activation etc.
- What if I lose my Day Pass?
- You will need to purchase a new one, as Value Cards cannot be re-issued.
- Can I use my Day Pass on different days?
- No, a Day Pass must be used on consecutive days. A 3-Day pass will expire after three days from the date of activation, a 5-Day pass will expire after five days from the date of activation etc.
- What if I leave something behind on the bus? Who can I contact?
- Please contact Customer Service for Lost & Found items.
- Which languages are available at Customer Service?
- Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
- One item of hand luggage is permitted per passenger. Please check our website prior to traveling for the maximum size permitted on the bus, as each line is different.
- Is there any compensation in the case of an accident?
- All passengers are insured during their travels on Kura-Kura Bus in accordance with conditions of MSIG travel accident insurance. Limit of Liability per person is as follows:
Death/Disablement : USD 100,000.00
Medical Expenses : USD 10,000.00
- Can I take my surfboard on the bus?
- Do buses have wheelchair access?
- Unfortunately our buses do not offer wheelchair facilities at this time.
- Do bus seats have seat belts?
- Yes, all the seats are equipped with seat belts. We recommend that all passengers use seat belts for their own safety.
- What if I don't get a seat?
- Our bus service operates regularly every day between 09:00 and 23:00. If the bus is full, simply wait for the next bus. Standing on the bus is not permitted.
- Does the bus have Internet access?
- Yes, all of our buses are equipped with free WiFi connectivity. The password is displayed on the bus window.
- Can I use my mobile phone on the bus?
- Are you allowed to eat and drink on the bus?
- Please refrain from eating and drinking on the bus.